Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Catching up...

Tossing the excel sheets and going the blog route for 2012 for the flexibility.


Personal Notes
To catch up to today, the highlights:
     - Raged in the new year at Lights All Night
     - Been 50% or less on training since Nov 2011 (laziness)
     - Drank myself into acute pancreatitis (it hurts)
     - Had some amazing weekends with friends, despite conditioning my hair w/ beer
     - Have gotten back in martial arts thanks to Alex. Slowly feeling it out for now as I have a lot to catch up on, but brings back good memories.


Now on to training...
Cardio:
Tough Mudder (12 miles plus ~30 obstacles) is this weekend so I've passed on rowing in exchange for more training runs than I care to discuss. My disgust for long distance runs continues (my left knee/IT band strongly agrees)


1/22/12 51:19 10k Run (PR)


Oly Lifts:
Being my first week back into serious training, Oly lifts started yesterday. Plan is a minimum of 3x/wk (MWF), following a 4 week cycle from Performance Menu. This cycle is very basic with a gradual lead up to a max lift at the end of the 4 weeks. Given the lapse in serious training I've had, this should be the best way for me to get my numbers back up. 


Day 1
Snatch   130x4, 130x5, 130x5
Snatch Pull     155x4, 145x4, 145x4, 145x4 (didn't like the form on 155, but could handle it)
LowBar Back Squat w/ Pause     165x4, 175x4, 205x4


Crossfit:
5 Rounds
3 min each
300m Run
DU for remainder of time
340ish... diminished returns, 2/day is too much for me right now, need to up my training before committing to these





No comments:

Post a Comment